How to place your order:
- To use the SystmOnline then please click on the link at the top of this page to order your repeat prescriptions online (registration required).
- Complete the form attached to the right hand side of your last prescription and either bring it into the surgery, post it through the front door letterbox or take it to a chemist to deliver to us.
- FAX your request to 01305 262821
In the interests of safety we do not take requests for repeat prescriptions over the phone unless it is an emergency.
Collect from the surgery within 48 hours. Collect from a chemist of your choice within 72 hours.
If you are stable on your medication you can ask for a "Batch Prescription". This will allow you to order 6-12 months worth of medication enabling you to call in and collect straight from the pharmacy. This method also allows you to collect multiple months supply should you be going on holiday or working away.
Electronic Prescribing Service
This practice is set up for the electronic prescription service.
This means that for most patients we can send your prescription to your chosen chemist directly saving you having to come down to the surgery.
To get your prescription sent to your chosen pharmacy you will have to ask reception to sign up.
For more information please click here.
Help with NHS costs
In England, around 90% of prescription items are dispensed free. This includes exemptions from charging for those on low incomes, such as:
- those on specific benefits or through the NHS Low Income Scheme
- those who are age exempt
- those with certain medical conditions
- More information is available at NHS Choices
These charges apply in England only. In Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales prescriptions are free of charge.
- Prescription (per item): £9.65
- 12-month prepayment certificate (PPC): £111.60
- 3-month PPC: £31.25
If you will have to pay for four or more prescription items in three months or more than 14 items in 12 months, you may find it cheaper to buy a PPC.
- Telephone advice and order line 0845 850 0030
- General Public - Buy or Renew a PPC On-line
There is further information about prescription exemptions and fees on the NHS website.